HERE ARE A HANDFUL OF TOPICS THAT WILL BE UNDER CONSIDERATION AT THE GENERAL SERVICE CONFERENCE THIS JUNE. THESE ARE ALL ITEMS THAT WILL BE CONSIDERED AND DISCUSSED AND POSSIBLY ACTED UPON. YOUR OPINION AND OUR GROUPS CONSCIENCE IS IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ THESE OVER, PONDER THEM, DISCUSS THEM AMONGST OURSELVES AND HELP ME CONVEY AN ACCURATE SENSE OF STEP 2 MENS GROUP CONSCIENCE ON THESE PROPOSALS TO OUR DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVE SO THAT OUR VOICES ARE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT DURING DELIBERATIONS AND DISCUSSION IN NEW YORK. THIS IS HOW AA DOES ITS BUSINESS, FROM THE BOTTOM UP! THE INDIVIDUAL MEMBER AND THEIR HOME GROUPS INFORM THE DECISIONS WITHIN AA. THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO TO HELP ME STAY SOBER!
AGENDA ITEMS THAT WILL BE UNDER CONSIDERATION
AT GENERAL SERVICE CONFERENCE 2020
- Consider revising the A.A. Preamble to use gender neutral pronouns. For example, “Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of people who share their experience, strength and hope with each other…”
- Consider a request to change the language of the first sentence of the A.A. Preamble as follows: “Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of people who share…”
- Consider a request for AA Grapevine, Inc. to establish an Instagram account inline with the Twelve Traditions.
- Consider if proposed agenda items for plain language, simplified language, accessible translations and large print versions of the book Alcoholics Anonymous, as well as workbooks to help study the program of Alcoholics Anonymous, can be addressed with a common solution.
- Consider requests to revise the book Alcoholics Anonymous:
- Add pages 3 through 41 of the pamphlet “The A.A. Group” as an appendix in the next printing.
- Revise the first 164 pages.
- Consider proposals related to possible Fifth Edition of the book Alcoholics Anonymous:
- Develop a Fifth Edition.
- Develop a Fifth Edition of the book Alcoholics Anonymous with updated stories and revisions to Appendices III and V.
- Add a proposed addendum to a Fifth Edition foreword of the book Alcoholics Anonymous at the time it is published.
- Consider requests to revise the book Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions:
- To remove the phrase “opposite sex” from paragraph two on page 117 in the chapter “Step Twelve.”
- To reconsider use of the phrase “lustful enough to rape” in paragraph one on page 66 in the chapter “Step Six.”